hey, girl hey!
A little bit about the woman behind the camera...
Ever since I was a child, I have always been obsessed with everything creative. I was always drawing portraits, painting, or creating some new way to upcycle my clothes; basically, anything that meant I could use my imagination. Of course, the photography club was a big source of that creative inspiration. Fast forward to a corporate buying career (which is way not as glamorous as you would think) and I was officially drained of all that creative energy. I often joked about how corporate America was trying to push me in a direction that was not authentic to my true self. I played the game until I decided to make a shift and chase my passion.
When I am not making your senior year amazing, you can find me chilling with my kiddos (who are often in my IG stories), playing with my furbabies, or exploring Pittsburgh with my husband.
5 fun facts about me!
1. Modeling runs in the family. I have been a professional model since the early 2000's. my most recent campaign was for Phillips. Now, both my kids are signed models as well! they are such hams! (wonder where they get it from?)
2. I LOVE fashion! I love how it can set the scene and enhance natural beauty. ever since I can remember, I have poured myself over fashion magazines, read all the books on clothes, and even wanted to be a fashion designer at one point. I found my zone, having been a stylist for over 7 years.
3. I love continuing education - I devote my spare time to learning more, more, and more. I love being able to pride myself on being a source of knowledge for you at your session.
4. If you have seen my IG stories, I am a budding gardener! I am working on not killing about 14 plants so far this year! I prefer succulents, because let's be honest, they are hard to kill.
5. I am obsessed with dogs! I have never met a dog I didn't love! We currently have two furbabies, but if it were up to me, we would have at least two more! P.S. I love when you bring your pups (or other animals) to sessions!
what people say behind our backs...
“April was very kind and professional. She worked with me above and beyond my expectations. She treated my daughter very kindly and valued her input on the photoshoot locations and poses. She responded promptly to emails and phone calls with questions or concerns. Her pictures were very beautiful and high quality. Her prices were reasonable and she has many good deals available. I chose her because I had seen her work on the thumbtack app and was impressed. I would highly recommend her.”
Where are you based and do you travel?
I'm Pittsburgh, PA based and yes I love to travel! If you want me to photograph your story, it will require a travel fee, depending on where it takes place. But no worries, I always try to find the most affordable way to travel because I love to celebrate and capture your milestone occasions and events.
When will we get our photos?
You will receive an online gallery link with all your photos within maximum 4 weeks (sometimes less depending on the season I photograph your story). You can download all the photos from the gallery but also share them, choose your favorites, and also order prints!
Worried about social distancing?
Most of my sessions are natural lighting, which means outside. I find most seniors like the freedom of the great outdoors and have found that it helps their personalities come to life! No matter your social distancing preference, I can accommodate it.